Sunday, May 26, 2013

The Authorship Debate




Good day my fellow bloggers!

How was thy morrow? Personally, I had a packed morrow. I performed my Macbeth assessment in front of my peers today, and all I can say the play was full of surprises. So is this week's blog post. 

Why

  1. After this blog past, me and you have to take our own separate paths unfortunately, yes this is my LAST post.
  2. Do you know that there are a myriad of conspiracies about who Shakespeare really is? (oh boy :( )
  3. I thought the six week blog entries were the homework requirement for this term, but then the 28 pages long Macbeth booklet shows up. (yeppie!)
I really don't understand why people are still scrutinizing Shakespeare's life and work and trying to create conspiracies that are based on MERE assumptions. Assumptions are NOT a reliable source, they are mostly bogus.  Just because some desolated anti-Shakespeareans decided they didn't want to do their English essay or they found Shakespeare brilliant work unfathomable, that is no excuse to pick on him and write conspiracies that have no strong evidence to reinforce their notions.

A piece of advice to y'all :) 
Can you PLEASE leave the poor man REST in peace?

The last thing he wants, is to be picked up on by absurd notions about how he didn't write his work, or about the different Shakespeare's that existed other than him. C'mon HOW MANY doppelgangers can Shakespeare have? -_-

The answer is, NONE.

So the punch line is,
Shakespeare at the end of the day is the Bard of Avon, the man who introduced nearly 3,000 words into the English language, and who is second quoted after the Bible. The conspiracies about him can assume whatever they want, but at the end of the day he's the  man whom influenced the English language, and he's the man who I am very fond of his work.
 


Now excuse me, I have to get back to my Macbeth booklet!
Fare thee well, fellow bloggers <3

3 comments:

  1. I'm getting the feeling that no one likes the booklet... *gulp* Now it's time for me to bust out the age old 'adult' one-liner - "I only do it because it's good for you"...
    This doesn't help...
    A good entry Dareen - I liked the mix of researched information and personal opinion - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great entry!!! Well done Dareen, I really like the mixture of strong vocabulary and bold personal opinions, always very entertaining!! I certainly will miss reading your posts :') Farewell thee fellow blogger! :D

    ReplyDelete